On IPad the local latency correction only can be done manually.
Follow these steps:
- Start a session with your student
- Open the apps with the mixer-tool.
- Switch Playdirection to student
- Switch on "Remote" in the Metronome and set tempo to about 60 bpm
- Start the metronome and let the student clap to the click
- If the student is clapping behind the click the student has to increase the latency correction in his mixer with the +/- Button - If the student clapping is in front the student has to decrease the value until the coach hears both signal in sync.
The value is stored automatically.
In example a Macbook with the internal soundcard has a latency value of about 0,116s - If you use an iPad with EarPods the value is about 0,440s
Also check this, please: